Posted: Mar Thu 17, 2011 7:55 pm Post subject: Oat Fiber uses
Here is a list that a guy from another site put together for oat fiber uses:
Originally Posted by hdyhouse
I use oat fiber in several ways:
1. I add 2Tbls to my morning bowl of Maggie's cereal.
2. I add it to fauxtatoes to increase the firmness the final product. (3-4 heaping TBsp per 1 #)
3. I add it to ground beef for hamburgers and meatloaf as a substitute for bread crumbs.
4. I add it to my pancake and waffle batter to thicken the batter and add fiber.
5. I add it to my breakfast One Minute Muffins.
6. I add it to several l/c baking recipes to help replace the volume in the recipe from using liquid splenda, instead of sugar.
It is a very versitile ingredient.
I also use it in One minute muffins (haven't perfected the recipe yet)
I have added it to the cauli fauxtatos also, but tend to forget to do it. I want to start remembering to add it!
I haven't used it in burgers or meat loaf, as I haven't added fillers to those in years (way before I started low carbing)!
I make a hot flax cereal & oat fiber is one of the ingredients
I've added it to shakes or smoothies
I use it as one of the ingredients when I blend "flours" (LC) together for breading meat.
I often replace some of the "flour" (LC) when making different baked goods. _________________ Billie
4'8" Started LC WOL Aug 2003
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum