David's Creamy and Satisfying Breakfast

Postby Farmwoman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Oct Fri 27, 2006 4:00 pm Post subject: David's Creamy and Satisfying Breakfast My favorite!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK Ladies and Gentlemen, here is the first official post of a "different" recipe from me.(or rather 2 recipes from me ) I have never lied to y'all before so trust me on this, it is oh so good! Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think, David
1/2 pound ground beef or sausage
2 tablespoons onion finely minced
3 ounces cream cheese
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon water
dash of salt and pepper
Brown ground beef and onions in skillet. Add cream cheese and cook on low heat until melted. Beat eggs with the water, add the salt and pepper and pour into skillet with beef and cheese. Scramble till done to your liking!

WV style LC Pork Rind Pancakes
2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 of a 3-oz bag of plain pork rinds
3 Tbs Splenda (or other sugar alternative of your choice)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 tsp vanilla (sugar free type)
Crumble pork rinds until fine.
In a separate bowl, beat eggs until frothy, add remaining ingredients and mix well. Add pork rinds to the mixture and set aside for 5 minutes to allow batter to thicken.

Cook on a lightly greased skillet. Drop batter in large spoonfuls. Cook until each side is lightly browned.

Serve with butter,& 1/2Tablespoon of sugar-free jam or jelly with 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons water and microwave for 45 seconds.

Re: David's Creamy and Satisfying Breakfast

Postby Maryann » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:47 am

David, I haven't tried your creamy breakfast scramble yet...not that brave actually, but I have made the pancake recipe several times before and this is what I use for my syrup for a change: Sprinkle SOME of the SF Strawberry or Raspberry flavor Jello into a small bowl. Gradually add a little HOT water, stirring until dissolved. If you have any left over and it does turn into a gel, just reheat in the microwave a couple of seconds.
Maryann

Re: David's Creamy and Satisfying Breakfast

Postby crazywoman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:05 am

Maryann, Of course everyone has different tastes, but David's Creamy Breakfast is actually quite good. I'm not a sausage fan, but if I were, I might prefer sausage in it, but when I make it (not often, mainly cause I'm too lazy, especially in the morning), I make it with hamburger meat. It's still good with that! I really like it, I'm just too lazy to fix it very often. :oops:
It has gotten a lot of rave reviews.
If/when you decide to try it, you might just size the recipe down at least the first time, so just in case you don't care for it, you haven't wasted a lot of ingredients.
Billie
4'8" Started LC WOL Aug 2003
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
Member since Feb 2004

Image Image
crazywoman

Return to Meats