Perfect hard cooked Eggs

Perfect hard cooked Eggs

Postby MonikaJ. » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:00 pm

I own an electric pressure cooker and make my hard cooked Eggs in it ALWAYS.
Here is how I do it.

Put a trivet in the cooker and add 1 cup of water. On the trivet put little containers( I use soda bottles caps ) to hold your eggs, it does not matter which end is up or down. I usually make 6-7 eggs and take them right out the fridge. Close the cooker and set it for 5 min on low pressure. When it beeps or whatever your cooker does, manually release the pressure and take the eggs out and put in a bowl with ice and water to stop the cooking and cool them . I have never had an egg that was hard to peel, they come out easy peel every time even when they are fresh from the hen. Also never a black edge on the yolk, perfect.
MonikaJ.

Re: Perfect hard cooked Eggs

Postby crazywoman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Never in a million years would I have ever thought to cook eggs in a pressure cooker!
I don't own an electric pc. i do have regular stove top ones. Would have no idea how to cook them in it. I think the timing would be different than in an electric one. At least 5 min (after it come to pressure) would be way too long. ???

I would have thought the eggs would explode!!! But then I have boiled eggs in a microwave before too!!! Been a long time ago, and now I wouldn't even know how to do that. I was shocked when i first saw someone doing that too! We did it in a convenience store I worked in many moons ago. We didn't have a stove, and you wouldn't believe what all we cooked with a microwave, pizza oven, & electric fry pan (I think this came later after we had been cooking the eggs in the micro).
Billie
4'8" Started LC WOL Aug 2003
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
Member since Feb 2004

Image Image
crazywoman

Postby Dingie_Dinah » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:30 pm

wow, i'm definitely gonna be trying this one! Mine didn't come with a rack, but I have a small one from an old crock pot that I could use. I wonder if you could use crumpled up foil?
Dingie Dinah
Stella Style since 5/2003

May you always have
Love to Share,
Health to Spare,
And Friends Who Care

"Nothing Tastes as Good as Thin and Healthy Feels"

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'
[url]dingbatdinah.blogspot.com[/url]
Dingie_Dinah

Postby wiredfoxterror » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Hmmmmm
Foxye
the Floribbean
Somersizing since 01/03
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight!
wiredfoxterror

Return to Crock Pot/Pressure Cooker