Almond Macaroons

Almond Macaroons

Postby wiredfoxterror » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:24 am

I wanted a cookie with just a certain taste to make a crust with and this version came out great! I always have a couple of bags of these in the freezer. These are great as cookies, crumbled for crusts, sandwiched with chocolate filling, vanilla buttercream filling, flavored whipped cream filling.........

Almond Macaroons

1 cup sugar substitute (I use Whey Low)
2 cups almonds
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons sugar free honey
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

Process the sugar substitute in the food processor, then add 2 cups almonds and process until finely ground.

Put the sugar/almond mixture in the bowl of your (Kitchenaid) mixer
and add egg whites, honey, and almond extract. Mix all ingredients together, then wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 3 hours.

Preheat oven to 250.

Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (I cut the paper to size), then butter the paper.

Using a spoon, drop small walnut sized balls of the chilled dough onto the baking sheets. Space evenly (they do not spread a lot) and flatten slightly. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.

Leave on the pans to cool on wire racks. When cooled, peel them off and store in airtight containers to keep them soft.

**For a variation, or if you cannot find sugar free honey, you can substitute equal amount of sugar free maple/pancake syrup

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
the Floribbean
Somersizing since 01/03
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight!

Return to Desserts