Substituting Almond Flour for Soy Flour

The main discussion room.

Substituting Almond Flour for Soy Flour

Postby chrislie » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:13 pm

Hello:

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I understand that every recipe is different and the ingredients react differently to give different results. George's first couple of cookbooks use Soy Flour in most of the baking recipes. I was wondering if Almond Flour could be substituted in those recipes or would they not turn out the same.

Any help would be appreciate. I like Soy Flour in some things, but would prefer to use Almond Flour instead if I'm able to as it has much better flavor.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chrislie
chrislie

Re: Substituting Almond Flour for Soy Flour

Postby wiredfoxterror » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:00 pm

I've never used soy flour because I clear of anything soy. I got this off Leaf TV for you:

Other Flours

Coconut and almond flours can also substitute for soy flour, especially in breading recipes or in baking quick breads. Substitute almond flour for soy flour using a 1-to-1 ratio. Use less coconut flour in recipes: approximately 1/2 cup of coconut flour for every cup of soy flour. Since coconut flour absorbs water, increase the liquid ingredients by at least 1/3 cup and add an extra egg if applicable. When using flax meal as a substitute for soy flour, use half as much, and soak it in the liquid ingredients for at least 1/2 hour before cooking or baking to give the flaxseeds time to expand and soften.
Foxye
the Floribbean
Somersizing since 01/03
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight!
wiredfoxterror

Return to General Discussion