Sugar Free "Jello"

Sugar Free "Jello"

Postby crazywoman » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:41 pm

Jello (any flavor you can come up with)

1 packet koolaid (small one non-sweetened)
1 packets gelatin
1 cup hot water
1 cups cold water
Liquid sweetner to taste (use your favorite sweetener - probably equal to about 1 cup, but per taste)

Put gelatin in a bowl and pour hot water over it and stir till disolved, add koolaid packet and stir. Then add 3 cups of cold water and chill for 4 hours or so until stiff.

Granulated Splenda works too, if you use that.

If you want a flavor that you can't find in koolaid, and have some flavoring, you can just use that, experimenting on how much you need to use to get your flavor. I think people have even used the Torani or DaVinci syrups for the flavor & sweetener, and part of the water.
Billie
4'8" Started LC WOL Aug 2003
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
Member since Feb 2004

Image Image
crazywoman

Re: Sugar Free "Jello"

Postby Maryann » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:48 am

Billie, I made this for my husband about a month ago. He loved it! Lower carbs than the purchased box mix and I use 'Sweet10' liquid. This sweetener has zero carbs and won't make your blood sugars spike. We love it and it makes a lot. This is great for the summer!!! Thanks for posting for others to try.
Maryann

Postby crazywoman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:38 am

You're welcome!
We are not huge jello fans here, but it is nice to have a recipe that doesn't contain aspartame or sugar, and is lower carb ta boot! And I do make it occasionally. It's not that we don't like it, just not something we like to have very often on it's own.
The recipe is good to have tho as other recipes such as the Poke Cake I posted, use jello, and like above gives us options over bought jello that have sugar or aspartame. And some people love jello, and it helps them fill a sweet void. Some people don't seem to mind using the poisonous aspartame, but I don't want to. And tho it gets sneaked into my system occasional (not happy about that tho), I refuse to cook with it. Regardless of whether you believe it is the poison that it has been said to be, it IS poisonous when you heat it with high heat! Even the company USED to tell you that when it first came out. They even told the name of the poison it turned into. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the poison, and also unfortunately they no longer give that warning. The almighty $ won out.
I don't use it. And certainly, as I said above, won't use it for cooking or anything that involves high heat.

There are some good recipes out there that use jello, and I know I want the ability to use "it" in recipes without the dreaded ingredients stated above!

Sorry I didn't share it sooner. Tho I think it is on the old site somewhere.
Billie
Member since Feb 2004

Image Image
crazywoman

Postby Dingie_Dinah » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:24 am

Oh I have GOT to try this! I'm not a huge fan of jello by itself tho. I think I burnt myself out on it when I first started this way of life. I like the idea of being able to make any flavor you want tho. Wonder if Davinci's would work in it?
I have a ton of flavors of that stuff.
Dingie Dinah
Stella Style since 5/2003

May you always have
Love to Share,
Health to Spare,
And Friends Who Care

"Nothing Tastes as Good as Thin and Healthy Feels"

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'
[url]dingbatdinah.blogspot.com[/url]
Dingie_Dinah

Postby crazywoman » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Dinah, I meant to add a note that I think people have used DaVinci's for the flavoring & sweetener. I never have so not positive. Not really sure how strong the flavor would be tho. Think it depends on the syrup & flavor. I've had some DaVinci's that I really don't taste much flavor, but others are plenty strong enough I think. I have some cherry that would be I think.
But I can't get cherry without ordering at a High price, so since I can get the cherry flavor in koolaid, I'll stick with that. BUT for a flavor I can't get in koolaid, then I might try it if I had it. (I don't. :P )
If you try it with DaVinci, let us know please.

And BTW,,, Good ta see ya here! :D
Billie
Member since Feb 2004

Image Image
crazywoman

Return to Desserts