1 medium head cauliflower
1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1/4 teaspoon chicken base or bouillon
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dried chives, for garnish
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, if desired
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
2. Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Add to the pot and boil for about 6 minutes until well done.
3. Drain well but do not let cool. Pat the cooked cauliflower between several layers of paper towels or place cauliflower in a colander and use a heavy bowl to press down on it to remove the excess water.
4. Using a food processor or hand blender, pulse the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
5. Garnish with chives and serve hot with pats of butter, if desired.
The chicken base or bouillon adds a lot of flavor to these “potatoes,” but you can skip it if you prefer—just be sure to season with salt to taste to replace the salt in the bouillon.
Calories: 140 | Fat: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 4g
« Back to Recipes
© George Stella. All rights reserved. Do not copy without permission.