Vegetable oil spray
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup extra-fine ricotta cheese (see helpful tip below)
1 1/2 cups bulk sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
1. Place the oven rack in the center position and preheat to 400°F. Spray an 8-inch springform pan with vegetable oil spray.
2. Wrap the entire outside of the springform pan in aluminum foil to prevent any water from seeping into the cake.
3. Make a water bath so the top of the cheesecake won’t split as it bakes: Pour about 1 inch hot water into a shallow roasting pan big enough to hold the cake pan and place it on the center rack of the oven to heat.
4. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the cream cheese, ricotta, and sugar substitute for about 1 minute, until well blended.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream, vanilla, lemon juice, eggs, and egg yolks until blended.
6. Turn the mixer on medium speed and slowly pour the egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Beat just until blended; be careful not to over-whip.
7. Pour the batter into the greased springform pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Place the pan in the heated water bath and bake for 15 minutes.
8. Lower the oven temperature to 325°F. Continue baking for about 1 ½ hours, until the top is a light golden brown and the cake is pulling away from the sides of the pan.
9. Remove from oven and let cool on counter for 1 hour, and then refrigerate at least 8 hours before slicing to serve.
Note: Step by step photos available in "Still Livin' Low Carb" book.
We usually process the ricotta cheese with a hand-blender or food processor until it is nearly as smooth as sour cream. It only takes about a minute and helps make for the smoothest cake.
Calories: 270 | Fat: 24g | Protein: 8.5g | Fiber: 0g | Net Carbs: 4g
« Back to Recipes
© George Stella. All rights reserved. Do not copy without permission.