2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup bulk sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
3/4 cup bulk sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
1 tablespoon plus a dash more pumpkin pie spice
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
4 large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. To make the crust, melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave and mix all the crust ingredients together in a small bowl.
3. While the mixture is still warm from the butter, press it down evenly over the bottom of a 10-inch deep pie pan. Bake for about 5 minutes, until browned, and remove the crust from the oven. Turn the oven up to 425°F.
4. To make the filling, place all the filling ingredients
in a medium bowl and whisk together.
5. Pour the filling into the crust. Bake for 15 minutes, and then reduce the heat to 350°F. Continue to bake for an additional 50 to 55 minutes until done. (To test for doneness, stick a toothpick in the center; if it comes out clean, the pie is done.) Cool on the counter for at least 30 minutes, and then chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Try serving with a dollop of sugar-free whipped cream.
While we often whip our own, most grocery stores now carry real “no sugar added” whipped heavy cream in a can (Land-O-Lakes brand).
Calories: 130 | Fat: 11.5g | Protein: 3g | Fiber: 1.5g | Net Carbs: 2.5g
« Back to Recipes
© George Stella. All rights reserved. Do not copy without permission.