Kosher salt, as needed, plus 1/2 teaspoon
Vegetable oil spray
1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, plus 1/2 cup for topping the casserole
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, seasoning the water with salt. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
2. Cook the cut cauliflower in the boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Drain well and pat between several layers of paper towels to dry. Transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish and set aside.
4. Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan and then whisk in the cream cheese and mustard, continuously whisking until smooth.
5. Stir in the 1 1/2 cups of cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and whisk just until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Remove the sauce from the heat, pour over the cauliflower, and stir all to combine.
6. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until browned and bubbly hot, about 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
To save on paper towels, we’ve found that you can place the cauliflower in a colander and drain the excess water by pressing down on the florets with a heavy bowl.
Calories: 190 | Fat: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fiber: 3g | Net Carbs: 4g
« Back to Recipes
© George Stella. All rights reserved. Do not copy without permission.