1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 small head cauliflower
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Place the slivered almonds in a large skillet over medium heat to toast. Shake the pan every 30 seconds or so to redistribute almonds, just until they are golden brown and smell fragrant, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove almonds from pan and set aside.
2. Using the largest holes of a cheese grater, grate the head of cauliflower (as you would cheese). A food processor with a grating blade will also work.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the onion, garlic, and grated cauliflower to the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Add the chicken broth and all remaining ingredients, and simmer for about 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender.
6. Stir in toasted almonds and serve with a slotted spoon.
It’s completely normal for there to be extra liquid in the pan when this is finished. Use a slotted spoon to drain it as you serve.
Calories: 100 | Fat: 8.5g | Protein: 2.5g | Fiber: 2g | Net Carbs: 2g
« Back to Recipes
© George Stella. All rights reserved. Do not copy without permission.