Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
Recipe by: George Stella
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the slivered almonds in a large skillet over medium heat to toast. Shake the pan every 30 seconds or so to redistribute almonds, just until they are golden brown and smell fragrant, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove almonds from pan and set aside.
- Using the largest holes of a cheese grater, grate the head of cauliflower (as you would cheese). A food processor with a grating blade will also work.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and grated cauliflower to the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth and all remaining ingredients, and simmer for about 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender.
- Stir in toasted almonds and serve with a slotted spoon.
It’s completely normal for there to be extra liquid in the pan when this is finished. Use a slotted spoon to drain it as you serve.
Calories: 100 Fat: 8.5 Net Carbs: 2 Fiber: 2 Protein: 2.5
© George Stella. All rights reserved. Do not copy without permission.