Cinnamon Toast Pancakes
Recipe by: George Stella
- Vegetable oil spray
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup milled flax seed
- ¼ cup bulk sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- CINNAMON SPRINKLE
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon bulk sugar substitute
- Butter (may use light, trans-fat free buttery spread)
- Fresh blueberries or strawberries, for garnish
- Grease a griddle or large skillet with vegetable oil spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Mix all the batter ingredients in a bowl with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Pour approximately 16 mini-cakes onto the hot griddle, and cook on the first side for 3 to 4 minutes until almost done, and then flip and cook for just another minute or so to finish. You may need to do this in 2 to 3 batches (as we use a very large electric griddle).
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar substitute and sprinkle over the hot cakes before serving. If desired, top with a pat of melted butter or fat-free margarine and garnish with fresh berries.
For a real treat, top with no sugar added whipped cream. While we often whip our own, most grocery stores now carry real “no sugar added” whipped heavy cream in a can (Land-O-Lakes brand).
Calories: 160 Fat: 11 Net Carbs: 4 Fiber: 4 Protein: 7
© George Stella. All rights reserved. Do not copy without permission.