Fresh Fruit Pizza
Recipe by: George Stella
- NUT CRUST
- 2½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup bulk sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and warm
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten until frothy
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 Kiwi, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12-inch pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the crust ingredients, mixing well.
- While crust mixture is still warm from the butter, spoon it onto the lined pan and use a piece of plastic wrap to press it evenly over the bottom. Discard the wrap and bake crust 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove and let cool 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by whisking together
- all filling ingredients.
- Using a spatula, frost the cooled crust with the filling like a cake. Bake 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove from oven and decorate the warm pizza with the sliced fruit toppings, pushing each piece down slightly to stick.
- Chill pizza in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours (or the crust may not hold together) before slicing into 12 thin slices.
This pizza may be topped with almost any of your favorite in-season fruits such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, pears, or even figs.
Calories: 305 Fat: 28 Net Carbs: 5 Fiber: 2.5 Protein: 7
© George Stella. All rights reserved. Do not copy without permission.