Mock Mashed Potatoes
Recipe by: George Stella
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoon chicken base or bouillon
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh or dried chives, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, if desired
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Add to the pot and boil for about 6 minutes until well done.
- Drain well but do not let cool. Pat the cooked cauliflower between several layers of paper towels or place cauliflower in a colander and use a heavy bowl to press down on it to remove the excess water.
- Using a food processor or hand blender, pulse the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
- Garnish with chives and serve hot with pats of butter, if desired.
The chicken base or bouillon adds a lot of flavor to these “potatoes,” but you can skip it if you prefer—just be sure to season with salt to taste to replace the salt in the bouillon.
Calories: 140 Fat: 11 Net Carbs: 4 Fiber: 3 Protein: 5
© George Stella. All rights reserved. Do not copy without permission.