Praline Pumpkin Pie
Recipe by: George Stella
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup bulk sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¾ cup bulk sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 1 tablespoon plus a dash more pumpkin pie spice
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the crust, melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave and mix all the crust ingredients together in a small bowl.
- While the mixture is still warm from the butter, press it down evenly over the bottom of a 10-inch deep pie pan. Bake for about 5 minutes, until browned, and remove the crust from the oven. Turn the oven up to 425°F.
- To make the filling, place all the filling ingredients
- in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Bake for 15 minutes, and then reduce the heat to 350°F. Continue to bake for an additional 50 to 55 minutes until done. (To test for doneness, stick a toothpick in the center; if it comes out clean, the pie is done.) Cool on the counter for at least 30 minutes, and then chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Try serving with a dollop of sugar-free whipped cream.
While we often whip our own, most grocery stores now carry real “no sugar added” whipped heavy cream in a can (Land-O-Lakes brand).
Calories: 130 Fat: 11.5 Net Carbs: 2.5 Fiber: 1.5 Protein: 3
© George Stella. All rights reserved. Do not copy without permission.