Slow Cooker Jambalaya
Recipe by: George Stella
- 2 cups chopped cooked kielbasa sausage, may use any cooked sausage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Tobasco hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound medium-sized peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cups raw cauliflower
- Place all of the ingredients, except the shrimp, and cauliflower into a slow cooker set to low and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours (depending on when you are ready to eat).
- Using the large holes of a cheese grater, grate the raw cauliflower into small, rice-like pieces.
- Add the shrimp and cauliflower to the cooker and cook for just another 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Jambalaya is traditionally made with Andouille sausage instead of kielbasa, but that may be hard to find in your local grocery store.
Calories: 190 Fat: 8.5 Net Carbs: 6 Fiber: 2.5 Protein: 19.5
© George Stella. All rights reserved. Do not copy without permission.