Recipe by: George Stella
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1½ cups soy flour
- ½ cup finely diced zucchini, with peel on
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup club soda
- ⅓ cup bulk sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with vegetable oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until completely blended. Fill muffin cups about two-thirds full with the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops start to brown. (Be careful not to overcook or they will be very dry.) The muffins are done when lightly browned or when a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin. Serve warm with a pat of butter or at room temperature with cream cheese. Refrigerate any leftovers in a sealed container.
Calories: 85 Fat: 4.5 Net Carbs: 4 Fiber: 1 Protein: 7
© George Stella. All rights reserved. Do not copy without permission.