Part 1 of 2 – 4:24 min.
Easy Cinnamon Crisps [Video]
Don’t give in to cravings! You can have a great tasting crunchy sweet treat that’s sure to cure the sugar blues! These new and improved crisps taste like cinnamon covered graham crackers. They make a great nibbling snack in the afternoon and kids love them when you serve with some Fresh Raspberry Fruit Dip for dipping!
Recipe by: Rachel Stella
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup sugar substitute (We use Splenda)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, no sugar added
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute, for top (We use Splenda)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon, for top
- In a bowl whisk together the almond flour, sugar substitute, salt, and ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon..
- Add egg white and vanilla extract to dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Place on large sheet of Saran wrap and wrap loosely. Shape into a 1″ wide log, round or square, about 7″ long. Wrap Saran wrap tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Remove log from refrigerator. Unwrap Saran wrap and slice the log into around 24 even pieces. Lay pieces out on sheet pan, evenly spaced.
- Sprinkle each crisp evenly with a mixture of 1 teaspoon sugar substitute and ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon and bake for 15 minutes or until crispy. Cool and serve or store on the counter in a covered container for up to 3 days.
These crisps are great by themselves as an anytime cravings buster, but they can be a real treat that kids love (we’re all kids at heart)!
Calories: 70 Fat: 6 Net Carbs: 2 Fiber: 1 Protein: 3