Part 1 of 3 – 3:33 min.
Fearless Roast Rack of Lamb with Roasted Vegetables
A rack of lamb certainly isn’t something you buy everyday on your way home from work. It is usually encased in heavy plastic, not so familiar and well, just a bit daunting. But I can tell you right now, go ahead and pick one up and see how SIMPLE and EXCITING any night of the week can be when you’re Eating Stella Style! I am telling the truth when I say this may be the easiest and most rewarding dinner you have ever made!
Recipe by: George Stella
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pound average whole rack of lamb, fat cap removed and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, optional for garnish
- Place the oil in a sauté pan over high heat until almost smoking hot.
- Season both sides of the rack of lamb with the salt, pepper and garlic powder and place the whole rack meaty side down in the hot pan.
- Let cook for about 3-5 minutes on one side only until meat is well seared.
- Place the lamb rack seared side up on a small sheet pan or roasting pan and bake until a meat thermometer stuck in the thickest part of the roast reads 140 degrees F for a perfect rare, about 30 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes and then slice in between each bone to make individual chops and serve garnished with fresh mint if desired.
Removing the fat cap and trimming the excess fat as suggested is a simple and effective way to reduce the fat in this recipe. And you can eat a smaller portion of Lamb as it is a rich and fulfilling protein that goes a long way when served with healthy servings of vegetables!
Calories: 250 Fat: 15 Net Carbs: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 25