Tomato Fromage is not only an easy-to-make vegetable dish but also a great garnish that appears frequently in French cuisine.
Recipe by: George Stella
- non-stick vegetable oil spray
- 3 small or Roma tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (more or less as desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a small baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice a small piece off the top and bottom of each tomato and stand them up on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Next carefully pile the Parmesan cheese high on the tops of each tomato.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until the cheese starts to turn golden brown.
- Remove and serve while still warm.
Calories: 70 Fat: 4 Net Carbs: 2 Fiber: 1 Protein: 6